Friday, December 30, 2011

Ribbon ring

I noticed Ellie was really interested (as most babies seem to be) in playing with little bits of ribbon, string, tags, etc. I decided to create a little toy for her to explore different textures and colors.

I went to Joann's and picked out a foot of ribbon in each different color. I tried to find as many textures, widths and patterns as I could. I didn't really feel like trying to sew, so I looked for something that would safely secure the ribbon. I found these D-rings in the aisle with things to make customized purses.

When I got home, I tied each ribbon in a quadruple knot around the D-ring.



Ellie LOVES this little thing. She grabs the different pieces, rubs them, chews on them. She also loves being tickled with it. We also talk about the colors and textures. Of course, be careful with this and supervise it, because it can be a choking hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment