Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wax paper smush painting

Ellie is 14 months old

After the amazing success of our first craft project and the miserable "failure" of our second, I was trying to come up with something more along the lines of the snow painting, so I combined a few ideas I'd seen and decided to do smush painting on wax paper, so she could see the colors blending as she pushed the paint around. Plus, I figured the crinkly wax paper would keep her interested. So, I tore some wax paper rectangles and randomly squirted some paint on, then folded them in half and let her go at it.

She was mildly interested for a little while. Hitting the paper was especially entertaining.

But what was way cooler was emptying our paint bag. See the wax paper ready to be smushed? It's being utterly ignored.

But the best part of this project? Being pulled around the kitchen floor on the drop cloth at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment