Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fastener practice toy

Ellie is 14 months old

Here is what I will say about this. It is done.



Please do not look too closely. There are lots of boo-boos.

This thing was ridiculous. I was (and kinda still am) super proud of the idea, because it was before I had heard about or seen quiet books, or those little dolls that you get dressed. I came up with it all on my own.

The problem with this is that I had NO guidance. I first envisioned it as a cube, then a book, then I finally gave up and just sewed these squares together. And I hadn't sewn anything except Ellie's birthday banner in about, oh, 14 years. NOT a good first project.

My thread broke too many times to count. My sewing machine broke once. My spirit broke a few times, too.

But it's done. And Ellie mostly likes it (probably because it has pups on it. This kid is obsessed. She went running down an aisle at Walgreens yelling "bup! bup!" because the Cottenelle toilet paper package had a dog on it). She especially likes trying to do the parachute clip, which is dumb on my part, because if she learns it, she can undo her carseat.

But it's done.






No comments:

Post a Comment