Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's snack

Ellie is 14 months old

I wanted to start doing some kitchen activities with Ellie, but she's still young to really do a lot. I decided to try letting her make part of her own snack. And since it's close to Valentine's Day, we did a heart-themed snack.

The set up for her: I cut whole-wheat tortillas into hearts, put a dollop of red pepper pesto in the middle and got a small bowl of feta cheese and a spoon.

I showed her how to spread the pesto and she caught on right away. She loves squishy sensory things!

She started digging around in the feta bowl, too. The spoon was ditched within seconds.

I was surprised that she was so into and good at putting the cheese right on the tortilla. She was super excited about it and very methodical. Maybe she's more ready than I thought for kitchen fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment